Where I have been

10:57:00 AM Elle 0 Comments


This post is totally unrelated to dividend investing, but I still wanted to share one of my reasons for being so frugal and wanting to reach financial independence as soon as possible.

I grew up in a single-parent household. Traveling to places outside of Canada was something unheard of in my family. Our family just had enough for food and lodging for my mother, my two siblings and I.

When I turned 18, I saved enough money to travel to France and Italy with my sister. My uncle had graciously offered us to stay with him in his small apartment in France, which saved us a lot on logging costs and allowed us to spend three months in Europe.

After coming back from our summer trip, my sister and I vowed to travel more in the future. We started off going down to the south of the border (NY!). Since then, I have been to NY at least 5 times.

After I married my then-boyfriend of 5 years, we lived in Virginia for a few months and went a road trip across the country, to finally being stationed in California.



So far, these are the countries and territories where I have set my footprints (4 countries):

North America: Canada (Ontario, Quebec), USA (NY, RI, VA, MD, D.C., NC, SC, GA, MS, AL, LA, TX, NM, AZ, CA)

Europe: France (Paris, Cherbourg), Italy (Rome, Vatican, Florence)

I am most likely going to be able to travel more in the future due to my husband's occupation, but also due to my strong desire to go backpacking in Europe and to visit my mother's native country, the Philippines. I want to be financially stable to be able to just let go of my job and travel by just simply being frugal and living off of dividends and my investments.

Thanks for reading! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments: